Saturday, April 26, 2014

Slow Carb Diet Week 1 Results

Hey guys! So I am just finishing up my first week on the Slow Carb Diet, in fact, it is cheat day today and I am eating chocolate chip cookies as we speak hahah. So I will start first with important stuff, the results:

waist: 26 3/4 in. (-1/4 in.)
hips: 35 in. (-1/2 in.)
thigh: 21 7/8 in. (-1/8 in.)
weight: 129.1 lbs (-4.3 lbs)
bf: 22.1% (-1%)
water weight: 57.8%

So, the weight was definitely the biggest loss, but I take this with a grain of salt as I don't think weight is of much importance (plus like I said in my last post, my scale is probably not the best, but I will use the same one throughout for reference). Otherwise, I lost a tiny bit of inches here and which I am glad to see! I was already on a bit of a variation of a low carb diet before I started this so I didn't expect big number in my first week, also it is more body composition I am after not necessarily weight loss. Overall, I am happy the number are moving in the right direction and I am excited to see if I see if my progress accelerates a little after adjusting to this way of eating.

As far as the ease of the diet goes, it really is not bad! Like I said, I was already on a variation of a lower carb diet, but I definitely consumed carbs and junk food on a more regular basis (in conjunction with working out). I have to say I like this way of eating so much better. I was really surprised at how satisfied I felt. I am pretty much always hungry and with this style of eating I didn't feel the need to constantly snack in between meals which I was really surprised about! I have been eating about 4 meals a day and I usually take advantage of the glass or two of wine which has been a nice treat.  I have a pretty wicked sweet tooth, but surprisingly the wine and a little bit of almond butter before bed seem to take care of it no problem. Overall, I definitely think I could eat this way on a regular basis for awhile and I am excited to see what the next week has to bring! As always, if you have any thoughts or want to share your experiences I would love to hear them! Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment